- Leading our community’s effort against, and in the aftermath of, the Travel Ban – from challenging the original versions of the Ban, to filing an amicus brief before the Supreme Court, and (currently) challenging the implementation of the waiver provision of the Travel Ban in a class action lawsuit;
- Building rapid response efforts to Iranian Americans held at ports of entry, or Iranian students whose visas have been cancelled at ports of entry;
- Issuing several “know your rights” documents involving the Travel Ban, immigration, rights at ports of entry, and a comprehensive sanctions booklet;
- Working with law enforcement agencies and elected representatives across the nation to keep our community safe against hate crimes;
- Partnering with other Iranian American organizations to protect our community, including a current project to increase participation in the 2020 Census; and
- Providing increasing annual scholarships to aspiring Iranian American law students.
- Attending MCLE and networking events with leading Iranian American attorneys from across the nation, including at our Annual National Conference;
- Being part of our soon to be launched online Attorney Directory;
- Taking part in our mentorship program and inspiring the next generation of Iranian American attorneys; and
- Contributing to the future of the Iranian American community.
Copyright 2021 - Iranian American Bar Association | Powered by REZULT